Friday, February 22, 2008

Welcome to Blogging Heather

I have been wanting to create one of these blogs for a while now, but have always felt that my life is not interesting enough to share with the public. Usually people ask me what's new and I don't have much to tell them. :) After getting hooked on reading all about my friends lives on their blogs, I decided that I would create one as soon as Kevin and I got pregnant. That way there would be a reason to post blogs about real issues people care about. You know, instead of like "today I ate cereal." However after 5 months trying to get pregnant. Still nothing. ::sigh:: Soooo, I have decided that I will just create one anyway. Everyone will have to forgive me for being totally blogging clueless at first. I am sure I will catch on.

So I think I will start by posting some older pic's of Kev, the kids and I so people can catch up on my life if you're just tuning in since like 10 years ago. :) I also thought this would be a good way for people to see my weight loss. I recently joined LA weight loss, and have lost 30lbs. That puts me about half way through the program as I still want to loose at least 30lbs more. So it may be fun for everyone to see me change. I had gained a ton of weight after getting married, and really wanted to loose all of it before I got pregnant. So if you're wondering, we are not freaking out about the no baby thing yet. The longer it takes me to get pregnant, the healthier I am going to be for the pregnancy. I have convinced myself that this is the most responsible, healthy thing to do for me and the eventual baby. (Although every month that goes by, I get excited thinking I could be pregnant, and then sort of let down when I'm not.) I did see my OBGYN about things, and he figures I may not be ovulating due to the birth control I was on previously. That combined with loosing weight doesn't make the easiest of conception environments, so he thinks I should just wait it out until my menstrual cycle returns to normal. (I have had 40+ cycle days, and as of now I haven't had a period since the end of December). So that is about where I am right now in life. I am going to try and post some pics. :) Yippee! My first Blog!

2 comments:

eric and melea said...

Hi. can i be your blog friend?

Lori said...

Yay! You're blogging now. I just saw your comment on Melea's and got all giddy to see you'd started your own.