Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catch up Post!

Okay, I'm going to blame the lack of posting on two things: Being hugely prego with twins, and the holidays taking every last puff of effort I had. All things considering I am thankful the holidays are OVER and I am still alive. I do apologize to all my friends and family that read my blog that have been utterly disappointed in the lack of posts. I plan on making it up to you right now! Yippee!! lol.

I am going to first start by blogging about my nephew Brandon. He was born on Nov 6th, which makes him about 8 weeks now. We were all really excited to meet the third Felton boy, and he didn't disappoint! He really is a doll, and I already love him to death! Here are some pics of Brandon and the Felton boys:
This is Brandon Kyle the day he was born.
Kevin and I being the proud Aunt and Uncle on Day 2.
Autumn and I visiting Amber and Brandon Day 2.
Nana holding her newest grandson!
Tyler holding Brandon for the first time!
Nick holding Tyler for the first time!
Baby Brandon all snug as a bug at home!
The Felton Family Christmas pic.
I love this one!! So sweet!
Brandon Kyle Christmas 2008
Most recent pics 8 weeks old. Look at those eyes!
Brandon playing with Max the rabbit.
Rockin out with his bro's guitar.
All smiles for the camera!!

So all has been well for the Feltons. Baby Brandon is growing so fast! It has been so awesome to have my sis go through all this one more time right before I do! It has been super helpful as things have been totally refreshed in her memory, and I've gotten a lot of great advice! We are all excited to welcome some little girls into the family just to even the numbers! lol.

For those of you that don't know, I DID have to postpone my baby shower. It was so sad. I felt like a 6 year old who had to cancel her birthday. lol. There was a horrible snow storm that week, and I didn't want my dearest friends and family to have to be out traveling in the elements. We rescheduled for January 24th, 2009. I hope I don't need a wheelchair to attend myself! lol. I hope as many of you can make it as possible, and I will be sending out a flyer after the first of the year to update you all on times etc.

Kevin and I have been working away at our nursery. Well.....Kevin has. I haven't been much help other then pointing and directing. lol. I did make the wall letters though. It's really coming together, I still have a shelf and some little decoratives to add, plus I'm looking for a wall sign for above the closet door. Other then that, it's almost done! Hope you all like antique pink. lol.
This is the view from the door into the nursery right now.
Here is Isabella's side of the room!
Our infant carriers. (Which will double as my stroller once we get the Snap and go!)
The glider rocker I got from my Grandma Collins!
This adorable diaper holder has no where to go yet.
I am putting some shelving on this wall.
Here are Alyssa's letters.
Alyssa's side of the room. I wish I would have shut the window blind for this pic.
Our beautiful window valance.
The cozy inside of Alyssa's Crib. I can't wait to see my little girls in there!!
Here is a close up of the bedding pattern.
Here is Isabella's beautiful letters.
Here are Alyssa's. (the ribbons are pink sheer with white polka dots).
Here is my diaper bag I got at Macy's because it was SUPER lightweight.

Look at all the little girl clothes!! I know it looks like a lot, but remember there are TWO of them! :) I still have WAY more I want. lol. My mom has been the biggest contributor, but I can't help but buying these little outfits when I see them. TOO CUTE!!

So that's the nursery so far. Here's a little update on me. I will be 30 weeks on Saturday. (YAY!). I just had another ultrasound, and my glucose test. I passed my glucose test by 1 point. lol. Needless to say I was relieved to not have to take the 3 hour test. At the ultrasound both girls were measuring within a few of each other. That is really good for twins, as it is common for one baby to get more nutrients then the other. I was happy to hear that they are both doing great and are right on schedule for where we're at. I, on the other hand, have seen better days. lol. As much as I love being prego, and believe me I know I've been lucky with no morning sickness etc...., have been so uncomfortable lately. At my appt yesterday my uterus measured at 39 weeks. lol. Which basically means my uterus is the size of a full term baby now. My belly still looks rather strange because I am only 30 weeks and carrying extremely high still. I just sort of look enormous. And really that's the only way I can put it. lol. My cervix has started thinning which has all of us a little worried, but my OB isn't ready to put me on bed rest yet. He DID put me to weekly appts now, so I will at least be getting checked weekly. I have a feeling that my days of going places are coming to an end. My poor aching vagina! lol. I can only be on my feet for 5 minutes before I need to sit down again. I know I still have a while out to go, so I'm getting nervous about how uncomfortable this is all about to come. My OB is shooting for the last week in FEB, but said he wouldn't be surprised if the girls decided to come on their own in the middle of FEB. I am hoping to keep these turkeys roasting for as long as possible, so I could use ALL your prayers that my cervix stays strong. It was measuring 2.5 cm for those of you that care to know. Apparently that's not horrible, but not great either. I am comforted by the fact that we're going to be monitoring things closer from here on out. I have gained a total of 40 pounds now. With probably 6-8 weeks left. I was hoping to stay under 40. Oh well. I am going to adjust that now to 50, and then next month I will adjust that to 60. lol. j/k. (I hope). I did unfortunately gain 7lbs in 2 WEEKS over Christmas so that was a big blow to the self esteem. My OB said that the girls are packing on the weight themselves now, so it's typical to see bigger weight gain in the third tri. I was like GREAT....... For those of you that have seen me....you know. For those of you that can't you're in for a treat because I'm posting pics. That's right. I've lost my freakin mind and am going to show you how HUGE I am. I guess that means I've really thrown in the towel. lol.

Here I am Christmas Eve. Never wearing tights again!!
In my kitchen 2 weeks ago...so 28 weeks?
Same day. I've gotten so much worse since then! Maybe it was a good angle.
In front of our tree the same day.
I took this pic this morning. Right on the verge of 30 weeks.
Here is the ugly shot. Still can't believe this is my body. ::sigh:: Don't cry for me though, yes I'm in body loss mourning, but it has all been worth it to have my two little daughters. Although I will say I am completely NOT ruling out plastic surgery in the future. lol. And you should SEE they way my little girls move around inside! It is the most amazing thing in the world. So I've never really been vain, but I admit it is hard for me to post this pic. I know that some of you had said it would be wonderful to have twins.......I bet I just changed your mind! I still have 6-8 weeks left of growing. Lord have mercy!

And, just because I don't want to end this post on that tragic note.... lol. Here are some pics from Christmas to enjoy. I'm all caught up now! For those of you that even made it this far into this long post thanks. You were treated with the chance to see my poor stretching body. lol. I hope you all had a great holiday season, and have a great New years as well! Remember to continue to pray for my family and my unborn little babes. I need all the blessings I can for the new year!
Our Christmas tree.
Snow for Christmas!
Okay...Too much snow for Christmas!!
Autumn looking fancy all bundled up on Christmas Eve.
Autumn at Nana's house Christmas Eve.
Our beautiful Christmas Princess 2008
Yay presents!
Nick and Tyler
Baby Brandon with his daddy!
Wii Fit looks like I'll need that come March!
I can be a Baby Doctor!
Kick and Go Scooters must have one in 2009.
My dorky family. I love them.
She's getting so big! Autumn getting her glam on.
My hubby (and dad and mom in background)
Yay! We made it through the holidays alive!! Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, such a post, so much to comment on! First, the Felton's family is adorable, I love new baby pictures.
Second- holy cow your nursery is adorable. Daniel's nursery never really came to fruition- I had put if off until the third tri then went on bedrest. Those little girls are so lucky!
Third, I think you look amazing! Your belly is big, to be expected (and that is as it should be- its the one time in your life you can rejoice in having a big belly) but the rest of you is still so thin and proportionate looking. Nice work! As for the stretch marks... its the mark of being a mommy. I don't have any on my tummy but my poor tiny boobs look like a mad cat attacked them (hey, if you can say "vagina" in a post I can talk about boobs:)).

Lori said...

Oh heather, i LOVED this post- hooray hooray!

I will love you forever for being brave and posting pregnant belly pics, i totally adored seeing them! I think you look great; i truly 100% do! I gained a full 50 with just my one baby, so I think you're doing just fine :)
I know it's different for everyone, but I was at a 2.5 5 weeks before Addie came and was contracting every 5 minutes... so here's hoping that the girls are just bluffing and that they'll still cooking until at least 35+ weeks.
I just want to tell you i love you, and thanks so much for taking the time to post such a big update, that must have taken forever but it's much appreciated!

eric and melea said...

yeah for pictures!!! You have nothing to worry about- everything that our bodies go through is so worth it in the end for these precious babies. Keep up the posts, I'd been waiting for someting new. Now you need to post a pic and info weekly- cause your getting towards the end! Love you!