Monday, June 16, 2008

Softball is over!

Well Autumn's first softball season is officially over. She had a great season! I can only think of 3 separate times when she struck out. She also got to pitch quite a few games as well. She surprised us by being an awesome pitcher too! She had never even tried before, she just really had a knack for it. We were so stinkin' proud. :) It was sad to see it end. Autumn is switching schools next year, so she is won't be able to be on the same softball team that she was this year. Sooo there were some tears shed at her last game. The poor little thing didn't feel good all day, but INSISTED she make it to her last game. She was with her mom that day, and by the time Kevin and I got to her game, we could tell she wasn't fairing well. (They practise for a 1/2 hour before each game). She made it through 3 innings before we decided to pull her from the game. She just cried!! She was so sad not to stay through her last game. All the girls were so sweet though, and tried to cheer her up. The coach gave her the season trophy that she would of got at the party that directly followed the game. I know she was sad because it's possible she won't see a lot of those girls again. (She's moving from the Camas school district, to the Evergreen school district). I am nervous for her about making new friends, but I know that she will do fine. She has always made school friends so easily. I don't anticipate a problem. It's hard though, to see her feel sad, and a little scared.








So, in honor of her first softball season, I thought I would post my favorite pics from the season. Enjoy! :)









Okay I am also going to throw in a few pics from her end of the year choir performance. :) The choir was 2nd and 3rd graders, and rehearsal was every Wednesday after school for like 3 months. They put on a performance called "Mighty Minds."




1 comment:

Lori said...

Yay for softball! I'm so sorry she wasnt feeling well, but I do respect her willingness to play as much as she could anyway. That'll be sad to switch school districts... but at least she's moving into the good ol' evergreen!