This is our front door which is seen from our living room (I'm on the couch). For some reason, all my paint colors seem lighter on my computer then they are in real life, but they are close enough to get the general idea. Right in front of that table is the stairs.

I still don't know if there is anything I can do to make the stairway more cozy. The walls are just too short to put pics on etc, so I just put the kids school pics at the top.
This is where our flat screen TV is going to go after we get our stimulus check...lol. We are using Kevin's gaming TV until we get it. (That's a long story, basically we are getting the full amount, but not until August) BOOHOO! We have wanted a new TV for a long time, but we made a deal with each other when we got married to always live within our actual means, and that means buying all the fun stuff with cash only. Patience is a virtue! :) Our old TV from our old living room is in Autumns room now.

Here is the actual pic of the living room. (Taken from the fire place).

I would like some opinions on this gold mirror. I love it, and my mother in law thinks it should sit low like how it is in the picture. I just can't get past the big space above it...But I like how it reflects the light...What do you think? Mirror how it is....Mirror moved up higher....or No mirror there at all?

This next pic is my favorite piece of furniture. My Father-in-law made this for me for Christmas last year. It is absolutely awesome to have a place for all our shoes, coats etc. Before we had it, I had kid shoes and bags everywhere!! :)

Moving on right from the cubby bins, is our dining room/computer area. Our plan is to buy a new dining table. I want a black round one. Once again, we have to wait for a while though... Once I get the new dining table, I am going to switch out the hanging light for a better one too. But for now, I am really thankful we have the furniture we do. (I hate sounding not grateful, you know?)

Directly right from the dining room is the kitchen. It is pretty much self explanatory, however one thing I did in this kitchen that I love, was adding the lamp by the sink. In the evening it is soooo nice to have a little soft light out there instead of the overhead light.


Through the kitchen is our laundry room. I am thinking of hanging a cute curtain in the open doorway from the kitchen. Again this room is self explanatory too. I like how there is room by the water heater to hide our kitty stuff.



So that is the downstairs.... I thought it was really cute that the minute we moved in both the kids made these signs for their doors. (They used to share a room). I know what you're thinking, Takoda is almost 10 and is just finishing his 4th grade year, and Autumn is 8 just finishing her 2nd grade year..... Why then does Takoda's sign look like it was made by a 1st grader? I put this off to one of the major differences between our kids. Takoda made his sign in about 15 seconds. Autumn spent about 3 minutes. Takoda can actually draw and write, he just (as always) was in too big a hurry to care. ::sigh:: However it is pretty typical of Takoda to not know how to spell ANYTHING! lol. For those of you that know his story, you understand.


So Takoda's room isn't done yet, we couldn't afford to do both rooms at once, so since we have Autumn a lot more then Takoda we did her room first. That, and she knew immediately what she wanted to do with her room. Takoda still isn't sure what he wants. So his poor little room looks a little bare. (Keep in mind we only have him about 6-10 days a month. And that's not consecutive). We were able to fit all his folded clothes in the top two drawers in his dresser. The rest is filled with board games, and match box cars etc. As a side note: I asked Takoda to go in his room and make his bed. Apparently this is made.


Autumn's room is all finished with the exception of a few posters and such we are still looking for. She picked out everything in this room. My mom made the valance out of the bed skirt that came with the comforter set. Thanks Nana! Also she made the table runners.



This is the upstairs hallway. Across the stairs we have this little area I have no idea what to do with. I have the cat bed up there now because they love the sunlight that pours in there. The corner with the antique child's rocking chair needs something... I just don't know what yet. (note: this is elevated by the stairs, you can't walk over to it). Suggestions anyone? :)

Here is our master bedroom. (And my cat licking his legs)


Well. That's it! Hope you all get to see it in person one day the next time you make it to the 'couve!

2 comments:
Wow, it looks like a really great place! You missed a pic of the outside though, so i'll be expecting one of those soon :)
I can't make a good decision from just a picture, but i recommend putting the mirror above the lamp, even with the picture.
the place looks great!! I haven't checked on here in awile, and am excited to see all the posts to catch up on!! It looks very warm and cozy.
Post a Comment