I guess this isn't a big surprise. I just made it to 9 weeks yesterday, and I swear overnight none of my jeans seem to be comfortable. ::sigh:: They all
fit but roll and bunch up under my belly where all my aches and pains have recently been located. I had been using a rubber band to fasten my jeans, but found it annoying looking under my too tight shirts. Thus making me horribly uncomfortable in all my clothes. I have officially entered a really "awkward" looking stage. So, for all my friends who started off their pregnancies skinny... (Okay, that's all of you...lol) Let me be the first to assure you that I realize 9 weeks is early for maternity clothes. The problem is that I look like I'm at least 16 weeks with my chubby belly. lol. Seriously I do. Although I'll spare you all the pics. lol. So I decided to just give in and get some cute maternity clothes. I was pleasantly surprised to find most are slimming and belly hiding. I am WAY more comfortable and I think I look better too. If I could describe my pre-maternity wardrobe lately I would have to say I looked like the Michelin man in a leotard. :)
Okay, you KNOW I have to post a pic to really get my point across.

Oh yeah baby. LOL. Okay, silliness aside. I did some real bargain shopping at Kohls. I ended up with $200.00 WORTH of clothes for only $94 bucks. YAY! I love getting good deals!! So I suppose I will show you all my FABULOUS finds. Enjoy!


The pair on the top are capri's and the pair on the bottom are normal length jeans. They were buy one get one FREE! Yippee!! I saved $44.00 just in that purchase alone.
The jeans have the "secret fit" belly, which I ADORE! No more pelvic pains!
These shirts were buy one get one free too! I saved $28.00!!
This is a jersey cotton dress. SOOO cozy for around the house. It was originally $40, and I got it 80% off for $8.00!! Woohoo!
So I am done trying to squeeze this body into my old clothes. Who cares if I'm only 9 weeks.... If anyone asks.....I'm due in December okay? :P Maybe I should figure out how many weeks I'd be at that point.... lol.
3 comments:
Oh TOO cute! Dont you worry, i started wearing maternity pants at 10 weeks- all of my other pants hurt my baby cooker whenever i'd sit down! I recommend buying nothing but secret belly pants. By 20 weeks, all of the full panel and underbelly pants I had bought either weren't big enough for my big baby belly (and cut me in half making me look like a sausage) or wouldn't stay up! So yeah, my advice is to go secret belly all the way.
The shirts and whatnot that you bought are fantastic, you'll love those. Fun times for sure heather!
Love the dress!
I was in maternity the day I found out! And don't tell, but I still were a pair of capris I have to this day!!! They are soo comfortable. By the way, eric and I were watching a baby story and eric got all googley about newborns!!!! theres hope.
Post a Comment